Your success is important to us, which is why we’ve used our expertise to develop a suite of resources specifically for CPAs like you:
- Hone your skills with our complimentary courses and industry resources.
- Draw on the expertise of a local Bank of America Merrill Lynch client manager to better serve your clients’ needs.
- Make audit confirmations online.
Your relationship manager will work with you and your clients’ businesses directly to get to know the business and proactively provide successful solutions.
We strive to keep you at the forefront of new technology in the accounting industry. That’s why we’re working with Confirmation to provide you and your clients with a simple online solution for domestic depository and commercial loan account audit confirmations.
- A guaranteed five-day turnaround: Bank of America Merrill Lynch guarantees a five-business-day turnaround on U.S. depository and commercial loan account electronic confirmations or the charge will be refunded.
- Half the auditing hours: The Confirmation service reduces the auditor’s time spent on confirmations by an average of 50%.1
- Less potential for fraud: Electronic confirmations offer a more secure and reliable process that reduces the risk of fraud.
- Powerful network access: You can utilize the Confirmation service to submit electronic audit confirmations to over 150 other financial institutions.
- Industry-approved: In April 2007, electronic confirmations were approved as a valid piece of audit evidence by the AICPA Auditing Standards Board.2
As of October 2008, all audit confirmation requests for domestic depository and commercial loan accounts must be submitted through Confirmation for processing. Access this innovative electronic service at $23 per account, confirmed for the first five client accounts, and no charge for each account. After five accounts, there is no additional charge. Getting started is fast and easy.
View our contact sheet (PDF) for more information on where to send audit confirmations for accounts other than domestic depository or commercial loan accounts.
1AICPA Case Study: CPA Firm Smith, Turner & Reeves Finds Solution to Help Improve Accuracy, Efficiency and Security of Audit Process. May 2004.
2AICPA Interpretation No.1 of AU Section 330. The Confirmation Process. April 2007.