Intelligent resources for complex markets
As the ETF market continues to grow, finding liquidity for larger trades remains a challenge, and sourcing cross-asset liquidity is essential. We help you navigate this competitive landscape, offering enhanced liquidity, knowledgeable insights and advanced global trading solutions.
- #1 Market share in many of the most widely traded ETFs1
- Leading ETF platform with agency, risk and creation/redemption-focused desks
- Can transact in most of the world’s underlying markets
- Access to ETF flow analysis across all of BofAML’s global sales and trading desks
- Deep knowledge of market micro structure and ETF patterns
- Can transact directly with most ETF issuers of widely traded ETFs2, whether the underlying assets are equities, bonds, currencies, MLPs or commodities
- For example, iShares Cohen & Steers REIT (ICF) ETF trades around 125,000 shares/day, but has an implied liquidity of 4.9 million shares, suggesting you can trade 39x the ETFs ADV via the underlying basket. (Source: Bloomberg)
Global equity capabilities
- Leader in international ETF creations and redemptions
- Ability to trade locally in almost all underlying markets
- Total agency creation/redemption in over 2,081 ETFs in 20185
Dedicated research and analysis
- Regular industry trend analysis from Merrill Lynch’s industry leading Global Portfolio Solutions Team
- The Global Portfolio Solutions Team runs 25 ETF-based portfolios
24 hour ETF trading
- BofAML makes markets in over 25 U.S.-listed ETFs during Asian and European hours
- Allows clients to adjust U.S. ETF exposure by transacting in U.S.-listed ETFs during non-U.S. trading hours
1Source: Bloomberg as of 8-23-18.
2Source: Bloomberg as of 8-23-18.
3Source: Bloomberg as of 8-23-18.
4Source: Blackrock as of 8-23-18.
5Source: BofAML ETF Trading Desk as of 8-23-18.