Millions of people now send and receive funds digitally. Global Digital Disbursements can enable your organization to send funds to individuals via mobile phone and email, reaching consumers with greater speed and ease than checks and ACH.
- Reach recipients quickly, boosting their satisfaction
- No need to collect and store recipients’ bank-account data
- Cut paper, costs and administrative burden
- Broad reach via Zelle® in the U.S. and PayPal® globally1
Global Digital Disbursements in action
Ways to use
Here are a few of the many ways you can use Global Digital Disbursements.
- Fast, easy claim settlement
- Agent commissions
- Tuition reimbursement for students
- Athletic housing and per diems
- Fast aid for people who need it most
- Freelance worker payments
- Patient reimbursements
- Clinical trial participant payments
- Lost luggage claims
- Reimbursements for overbooking
How it works
In the U.S., Global Digital Disbursements uses Zelle, a mobile payments network that reaches more than 100 million consumers through their mobile banking app and millions more through the standalone Zelle app. Enrolled Zelle users receive a notification, and money is credited the same or next business day.² Recipients who aren't yet with Zelle can enroll their U.S. mobile phone number or email address in a few easy steps. Once enrolled, the money will be credited directly to their bank account.
Recipients in select global markets can opt for PayPal. PayPal recipients receive an email from Bank of America informing them that their funds are ready, and offering a link they can click to accept the payment.
¹Paypal is currently available in the U.S., UK, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Australia and the Philippines.
²Refers to period of time during which payments are generally available. Enrollment required. Payments can arrive as quickly as minutes or may take up to three business days. Actual times may vary. Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
Zelle, and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.