Our award-winning analysts provide insightful, objective and in-depth research to help you make informed investing decisions.
We service individual investors and a wide variety of institutional money managers including hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds and sovereign wealth management funds. Additionally, our analysts interact extensively with venture capital funds, private equity funds, corporates and governments.
Disciplines and Coverage
- Global Economics —delivers a broad range of coverage and commentary on approximately 55 emerging and developed economies. Our economists study monetary policy and analyze a wide variety of indicators to formulate views on what is driving global economic growth.
- Global Investment Strategy — offers an in-depth analysis of critical global issues across disciplines, regions and asset classes, providing clients with investment ideas and macro perspectives.
- Global Equity Research — provides institutional and retail clients with in-depth research and analysis covering approximately 3,200 companies in more than 28 global industries across developed and emerging markets (EM). Research includes fundamental and technical analysis and hedging strategies.
- Global Credit Research— encompasses high-grade, high-yield, credit strategy, credit derivatives, mortgages and other structured finance, municipals, indices, EM credit strategy, sovereigns and EM corporate credit research. Our analysts provide in-depth capital structure analysis of corporates and value-added investment ideas.
- Global Rates & Currencies Research — includes rates, foreign exchange, derivatives, and portfolio and risk strategy. Our analysts provide coverage on approximately 50 currencies across 55 economies.
- Global Commodities Research — encompasses fundamental strategy, derivatives and portfolio strategy, metals and bulks. The team provides forecasts and recommendations on approximately 35 commodities.
- Corporate Access — connects corporates and investors via conferences, road shows, field trips, telepresence conference calls and strategic access events. Approximately 4,000 corporate access events are held per year.
REPORTS AND Products
Clients can access our full suite of proprietary Global Research products — anywhere, anytime.
A sampling of flagship reports includes:
- The RIC Report — a monthly publication by the Research Investment Committee (RIC) in which analysts share investment themes and actionable ideas including asset allocation recommendations.
- Global Fund Manager Survey — a monthly report that canvasses the views of approximately 200 institutional, mutual and hedge fund managers around the world.
- U.S. Economic Weekly — a weekly guidebook for investors, which covers the upcoming week's economic topics leveraging proprietary indicators, key economic data, debt issuance and policy speakers.
- The Thundering Word — a report featuring our Global Investment Strategy team’s best thinking and trade ideas, inclusive of cross-asset, macro themes.
- Thematic Reports — a variety of publications which explore the five themes we believe are driving a transforming world: people, innovation, markets, government and earth, and their related sub-themes.
- BofA Analytics — primary research and predictive analytics which combine powerful tools such as web scraping, social media monitoring and customized surveys with the insights produced by our experienced Research teams, to create new ways of answering fundamental questions across sectors, regions and asset classes.