Bank of America N.A. Jakarta Branch | PT Merrill Lynch Sekuritas Indonesia
It takes the right resources and on-the-ground experience to succeed in Indonesia
About PT Merrill Lynch Sekuritas Indonesia
PT Merrill Lynch Sekuritas Indonesia (“the Company”) was established in Jakarta within the framework of the Foreign Capital Investment Law No. 1 year 1967 based on Deed No. 4 dated 5 December 1994 of Harvey T. Sondak, SH, notary in Jakarta.
On 1 January 2009, Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., (ML) the former parent of the Company was acquired by Bank of America Corporation (BAC) and as a result, ML continued as a surviving company and become a subsidiary of BAC, until ML was merged with and into BAC on 13 September 2013. Therefore, BAC is the ultimate parent of the Company.
In accordance with article 3 of the Company’s Articles of Association, the scope of its activities is to engage mainly in the securities business including acting as underwriter and broker.
In its decision letter No. KEP-01/PM/PEE/1996 dated 8 January 1996, the Indonesian Capital Market Supervisory Agency (Bapepam), now Financial Service Authority (OJK), granted the Company a license as underwriter and broker.
The Company’s office is located at Indonesia Stock Exchange Building, Tower I, 18th floor, Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 52-53 Jakarta, Indonesia, (T)+6221.29553888, (F)+6221.29553877
As at 31 December 2017, the members of the Company's Boards of Commissioners and Directors are as follows:
President Commissioner: Hashim S. Djojohadikusumo
Vice President Commissioner: Andrew Briski
Commissioners : Njoo Kok Kiong, Gyanesh Nigam
President Director : Samuel D. Resowijoyo
Directors : Prijadi, Yaduhu Immanuel
Profile of the Board of Directors
Samuel Darmawan Resowijoyo, President Director
Indonesian citizen, graduated from University of Oregon majored in Economics in 1991. He commenced his career with PT. Asia Equity Jasereh in 1994, and as Head of Dealing of PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia before moved to PT. BNP Paribas Securities Indonesia. In 2012, he moved back again to PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia as the Head of Risk Management function and appointed as the President Director since December 2016.
Indonesian citizen, Director of the Company since 2011. Graduated from STIE YAI in 1995 majored in accounting and started his career at Joseph Susilo & Rekan Public Accountant Firm in 1995 before moved to Deloitte Tax Solution in 1997. Joined PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia in 1997as Finance Manager before be appointed as director of the Company.
Yaduhu Immanuel, Director
Indonesian citizen. Graduated from University of Indonesia with bachelor and master degree in law. Hold doctorate degree from University of Padjajaran in social and political science in 2006. Commenced his career as legal officer in 1994 at PT Ajinomonto Indonesia before moved to Bank Danamon in 1995. In 2007, he moved to PT NISP Sekuritas and continuing his career in capital market with PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia in 2013. He was appointed as Director of the Company since 2016.
Securities Company Representative License Holders
- Samuel Resowijoyo, Indonesian Citizen, the holder of Underwriter representative license (WPEE)
- Yaduhu Immanuel Ndraha, Indonesian Citizen, the holder of Broker-dealer representative license (WPPE)
- Prijadi, Indonesian Citizen, the holder of Broker-dealer representative license (WPPE)
- Katherine Hermawan, Indonesian Citizen, the holder of Broker-dealer representative license (WPPE)
- Wilson Layman, Indonesian Citizen, the holder of Broker-dealer representative license (WPPE)
Organization Chart of PT Merrill Lynch Sekuritas Indonesia
Products and Services
PT Merrill Lynch Sekuritas Indonesia does not facilitate securities repurchase agreement (Repo) transaction
Procedure on Customer Complaint and Reporting of Breaches
To provide service and complaints resolution in the financial services sector.
Procedure Details on Receive Complaint
- Consumer Complaints are expression of dissatisfaction caused by the loss and / or potential financial loss to the Consumers arising from errors or omissions Services Institutions Finance.
- The customer provides the complaint to customer complaint service officer in writing including customer information, address and communication means that can be contacted.
- The Company shall immediately follow up and resolve complaints no later than 20 (twenty) working days from the date of receipt complaint.
- in the event of certain conditions, the Company may extent the period up to a maximum of 20 (twenty) working days afterward;
- The extension of completion period of the complaint above shall be notified in writing to consumers who filed complaints before the end of period referred to in item 3 ends.
- Service and complaints resolution will be provided with the following conditions:
- provide a balanced and objective treatment to each complaints;
- provide adequate opportunity to the consumers to explain the complaint material;
- provide an opportunity to other parties who have interest to the complaint, to provide an explanation the resolution of the complaints (if any).
Customer Complaint and Reporting Services
For customer complaint and reporting on breach, please contact:
Complaint Service Team
Tel : +6221.29553888
Fax : +6221.29553877
Email DG MLINDO Complaint Service Team:
Function and Policy on Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Audit
For the implementation of internal control in accordance with Otoritas Jasa Keuangan rule No. 57/POJK.04/2017, the Company establishes the function of Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Audit as follow:
The implementation of risk management function of the Company shall at least cover:
- preparation of policy on risk management;
- testing, evaluation, and recommendation of objective improvement for the implementation of risk management system, at least by annually or within more frequent frequency in case there is change of factor affecting the business activity of the Company significantly; and
- monitoring, identification, measurement, and follow up related to any matters related to risk management requiring the attention of the Board of Directors.
The implementation of compliance function of the Company shall at least cover:
- preparation of policy on compliance;
- testing, evaluation, and recommendation of conformance of policy, provisions, system or procedure owned by the Securities Company to the provisions in the legislation at least by annually or in the more frequent frequency in case there is change of factor affecting the business activity of Securities Company significantly;
- monitoring, identification, measurement, and follow up related to any matters related to compliance requiring attention of the Board of Directors.
The implementation of internal audit function of the Company shall at least cover:
- preparation of policy on internal audit;
- preparation and implementation of adequate audit program to entire work units of which the implementation shall take into account the risk degree in each work unit; and
- monitoring, identification, measurement, and follow up related to any matters related to internal audit requiring attention of the Board of Directors.
AGMS Minutes of Meeting Summary
The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of the Company, June 25, 2018 among other things has decided the following:
- Approving the Company’s Annual Report of the completed accounting year 2017 which includes: (i) ) the audited financial statements of the Company for the period ended 31 December 2017 ( statement of the comprehensive income for the period 1 January 2017 and the statements of financial position as at 31 December 2017 in comparison with the previous financial year, statements of cash flows, statements of changes in equity report, and notes to the financial statements), and (ii) the Board of Directors’ and Board of Commissioners’ report on the affairs of the Company and its financial administration, including details of any issues arising during such period and subsequently gave full discharge to members of the Board of Directors and the Board of Commissioners of the Company for any actions taken by them within the for the period of the financial year ending December 31, 2017 to the extent such actions are reflected in the books of the Company.
- Approving to retain profits in the Company and not to declare any dividend for the financial year ended 31 December 2017.
- Approving the reappointment of the following members of the Board of Directors with the following composition starting from the close of this Meeting until the close of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders in the year 2021:
- President Director: Samuel D Resowijoyo (Samuel Darmawan)
- Director: Yaduhu Immanuel
- Director: Prijadi
- Approving no remuneration and honorarium would be given to the Directors and Commissioners respectively
- Approving the appointment of KAP Tanudiredja, Wibisana, Rintis & Rekan (a member of the PricewaterhouseCoopers network of firms) as the Company's external auditors for the accounting year 2018
- PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia – Audited Financial Report as of 31 December 2018
- PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia – Audited Financial Report as of 31 December 2017
- PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia – Audited Financial Report as of 31 December 2016
- PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia – Audited Financial Report as of 31 December 2015
- PT Merrill Lynch Indonesia – Audited Financial Report as of 31 December 2014
P T Merrill Lynch Sekuritas Indonesia is registered and supervised by the Financial Service Authority of Indonesia