Challenge That audio series is part of our continued commitment to help clients achieve their trading goals through actionable ideas and insights that come from advanced research and custom analytics. That’s the power to trade smarter.
EPISODE 1: Market Structure Fallacies
Ana Avramovic, a director with the Instinct Knowledge team joins Nancy Brennan to discuss key issues like multiple venues and market resillancy, true number of alternative trading systems and the misconceptions around dark and lit volumes.
- Harder to find liquidity stemming from fragmentation
- We should also be clear about the distinction between dark vs lit and exchange vs off exchange
- Look for alternative ways of sourcing liquidity
EPISODE 2: FICC Market Structure and Electronification
Sonali Theisen, Managing Director and head of FICC Market Structure visits with our host, Nancy Brennan to discuss the digitization of the fixed income markets and what some are referring to as “THE RACE TO ZERO”.
- The evolution of FICC Market Structure is more broad than simply e-trading
- FICC was ripe for greater standardization and operational efficiency and more strategic technology architecture
- The machine works for us, and is more efficient at many repetitive, smaller tasks, but ultimately humans’ have higher order strengths and abilities